ROSE BOWL STADIUM CENTENNIAL CAMPAIGN LOGO CONTEST CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO WIN
1) SPONSOR: Rose Bowl Operating Company, referred to herein as “Rose Bowl Stadium” or “RBOC,” located at
1001 Rose Bowl Drive, Pasadena, CA 91103 (626) 577-3100.
2) CONTEST PERIOD: Contest will begin on Thursday, January 29, 2020 at 8:00 AM (PST) and end on Monday, March 2, 2020 at 11:59 PM (PST) (“33 Days”). The period in which entrants can submit a Contest entry will begin on January 29, 2020 at 8:00 AM (PST) and end on March 2, 2020 at 11:59 PM (PST) (“33 Days”). All entries must be received no later than the last day of the Entry Period at 11:59 PM (PST) in order to be accepted. Winner Announced on Monday, March 9, 2020 at 12:00PM (PST). UPDATE: Due to COVID-19, the Rose Bowl Stadium has been forced to shut its doors until further notice. The contest winner will be announced upon our return. We apologize for the inconvenience!
3) HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Participants must have access to the Rose Bowl Stadium Centennial Logo Challenge website (https://www.rosebowlcentennial.com) in order to submit an entry.
Step 1) Visit the Rose Bowl Stadium Centennial Logo Challenge website (https://www.rosebowlcentennial.com)
Step 2) Fill in all required Contest entry fields - Name, Email and Phone Number
Step 3) Submit logo artwork in JPG format under 15MB between January 29, 2020 at 8:00AM (PST) and Monday, March 2, 2020 at 11:59PM (PST)
4) PRIZES: One prize will be awarded during the Contest Period. The prize that may be awarded to the eligible winners are as follows: One (1) Winner ($1000 plus season Tickets to 2020 UCLA Bruins Home Football Games)
5) CONTENT REQUIREMENTS: Entry must be the original work of the entrant, must not violate any law or regulation, or encourage the violation of any law or regulation, and must not contain any of the following: material that is offensive, inappropriate, indecent, contains profanity, is obscene, hateful, harassing, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, violent, or self-mutilating (as determined in RBOC’s sole discretion) or is false, inaccurate or misleading; material that infringes or may infringe any third party rights including without limitation, trademark, copyright, patent, trade secret, or otherwise violate any persons rights of publicity or privacy without express written consent of person depicted in Entry; material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any individual or group or that promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; name or likeness of any person, including celebrities or public or private figures, either living or deceased, without express consent of the person or their estate; material that promotes the use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, firearms any company’s copyright or trademark (other than RBOC’s), and shall not promote any brand that can be considered a competitor of RBOC; advertisements, solicitations, or promote any political agenda or party; or material that disparages RBOC or any person or organization affiliated with RBOC.
6) WINNER SELECTION: The winning logo will be selected by a five person panel in accordance with the contest guidelines. The winner for the specific time period will receive an email to the address provided by the contestant and, if he or she does not respond to that email within 48 hours, then the prize will be considered forfeited and awarded to another winner that will be selected from the remaining valid entries submitted. RBOC shall have no liability for Contestant’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or the Contestant’s providing of incorrect contact information. If Contestant fails to respond within the time frame provided or fails to return the required release as required, or is otherwise deemed ineligible, the prize may be forfeited and an alternative winner selected.
7) ELIGIBILITY: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Open to residents of the United States or District of Columbia who are 18 years and older as of 12:00 AM (PST) on January 28, 2020. Employees, representatives, sponsors and volunteers, and any members of their immediate families or household members, of the Rose Bowl Stadium are not eligible for participation in the Contest. Contest is void where prohibited, and is subject to any and all state and local laws and regulations.
8) WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: ANNOUNCEMENT NOTIFICATION VIA EMAIL. Notification will contain instructions on how to redeem the prize. Entrant has forty eight (48) hours within which to respond or his or her prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. Limit one (1) prize per person. Entry must be original work of Entrant.
9) USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: Entrant is providing personal information and intellectual property to RBOC. Such personal information must be retained by RBOC for a reasonable period of time in order to notify entrant of prize winnings, in order to verify compliance with rules, and for accounting purposes. Except as otherwise provided herein, personal information will only be used by RBOC for purposes of administering the Contest and for informational purposes. Participation in the Contest constitutes permission on the part of the winner(s) to use winner’s name and likeness, content, photographs, artwork, video, text, voices, etc. (“Content”) and any derivative uses thereof world-wide and in perpetuity in any media now known or later created, to copy, distribute and display each submitted Entry and to use the Entry in any manner, including but not limited to, in any and all marketing and promotional materials and shall waive any claims to any royalty, right or remuneration from such use. Such Content shall become the sole property of the RBOC and Contestant shall not be entitled to any further compensation, review, notice or approval upon use of the Content. By entering this content, Contestant represents and warrants that the entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If Contestant’s entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, Contestant will be disqualified at the sole discretion of RBOC. If the Content is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, Contestant shall, at Contestant’s sole expense, defend or settle against such claims and shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the RBOC, the City of Pasadena, and its respective employees, agents, representatives and volunteers, from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which RBOC or the City of Pasadena may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
10) TRADEMARK: RBOC’s trademarks, service marks, identification and artwork including, without limitation, its rights in the “Rose Bowl” mark and the Rose Bowl marquee design (collectively, the “City Trademarks”) shall be and remain the property of RBOC and its affiliates. Any and all rights under trademark or copyright law in the City Trademarks or other property rights therein or use thereof shall inure to the benefit of and be the exclusive property of RBOC. Licensee shall not have any right to use the City Trademarks or other identification of RBOC or its affiliates without RBOC’s prior written consent. Licensee has been informed that the RBOC has used and presently is using the City Trademarks in connection with the Rose Bowl Stadium and a variety of services provided by RBOC or City and that the Tournament of Roses Association has used and presently is using the trademarks ROSE BOWL, THE ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL GAME, among others, on or in connection with the events of the Tournament of Roses and a variety of products and services offered by and through the Tournament of Roses Association. Licensee understands and agrees that unless City otherwise agrees in writing, Licensee shall not use or license the trademarks, ROSE BOWL, THE ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL GAME or the ROSE DESIGN, as it appears on the Stadium marquee, in connection with any goods or services including without limitation any merchandise or promotional material which is likely to create the impression that the Rose Bowl, the City of Pasadena, or the Tournament of Roses Association is affiliated with, has sponsored or has approved any team, activity, event, commercial product, service, advertiser or sponsor of Licensee. Licensee shall not have the right to use the name, trademarks, service marks, identification or artwork of any Rose Bowl Stadium event sponsor without the prior written consent of said sponsor. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Licensee may use the name “Rose Bowl” on tickets for the Event, only, to inform patrons of the location of an Event; provided however, that it must be clear from the context of such use that the term “Rose Bowl” is not being used as a trademark or service mark, or in any other manner so as to identify or create a likelihood of confusion concerning the source, quality, sponsorship or affiliation of any goods or services including without limitation any team, activity, Event, commercial product, advertiser or sponsor of Licensee. Except as otherwise provided above, Licensee shall not use the term “Rose Bowl” separate and apart from the term “Stadium,” and Licensee may use the term “Rose Bowl Stadium” in its entirety for promotion of the Event.
11) GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating in this Contest, Entrant agrees to be bound by these Contest Official Rules. If it is determined that Entrant is in violation of these Official Rules, Entrant may be disqualified from the Contest. This Contest and the rights and duties of the participants therein, including interpretation of these Contest Official Rules, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of California. Any and all claims or controversies arising out of or related to this Contest shall be submitted to and resolved in a forum within the County of Los Angeles at a place to be determined by the rules of the forum. Participation in Contest constitutes your agreement to hold harmless and release RBOC from any and all claims for damages, injuries or losses of any kind (including but not limited to any liability or claim for personal injury, death, property damage, copyright or trademark infringement, violation of privacy or publicity rights, or defamation) resulting from your participation in the Contest and your acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize received therefrom. RBOC reserves the right to terminate the Contest at any time, or to suspend any portion thereof, and is not responsible for a change in the prize awarded, cancellation or postponement of the awarding of the prize, or under any obligation to provide a substitute prize.